Nicole saved some dollars on her desire kitchen area renovation by obtaining new builder quality cupboards and portray them herself, rather of paying out for pre-painted dim grey kitchen area cupboards. This entire kitchen area renovation is so inspiring, with some excellent guidelines for renovating on a spending budget, we know you’ll enjoy it!
Portray kitchen area cupboards is a big career, so you’ll want to choose a common cabinet shade. Nicole selected a attractive dim grey kitchen area cabinet paint and paired it with white subway tile, white sound area countertops, and nickel and stainless steel components and appliances for an astounding entire kitchen area renovation in advance of and just after!
Comprehensive Kitchen Renovation with Dim Grey Kitchen Cupboards
Submitted by Nicole from This Minimal Momma
When we moved into our home, by significantly the kitchen area was my most loved home in the complete home! I produced that kitchen area to how I wished my kitchen area to be. It seemed like this in advance of we replaced the cupboards with painted dim grey kitchen area cupboards:
Linked: 5 Should-Study Tips Right before Reworking Your Kitchen
We wholly gutted the kitchen area, replaced the electrical and then crafted it to our requires.
I painted the kitchen area cupboards a dim grey (Sherwin-Williams Peppercorn) which is a wonderful charcoal gray paint shade. We just utilised builder quality cupboards. We included molding to the top of the cupboards to create the glance of customized crafted cupboards.
Linked: How to Paint Kitchen Cupboards (so you only have to do it when)
I selected white subway tile as the backsplash. All the stainless steel appliances ended up new but acquired in the scratch and dent office of the equipment retail outlet.
Luke truly wished to place a breakfast bar separating the kitchen area and the eating home. In the long run we made a decision that doing that would not be a very place savvy approach so rather we crafted a thirty inch very long wall to middle the entryway of the kitchen area & eating home.
Renovating a kitchen area? See extra examples of well known kitchen area layouts right here.
And Ultimately!! The images only 2 images I have of my concluded kitchen area (hey I experienced a new child, images ended up the last point on my brain).
Our dim grey kitchen area cupboards, painted from standard builder quality cupboards:
Nicely what do you think of our dim grey kitchen area cupboards? We loved it! And now we pass up it given that we have moved.
Linked: Most effective Grey Kitchen Cupboard Paint Colors
Resources: Dim Charcoal Grey Kitchen Cupboards + Subway Tile
This submit includes affiliate inbound links. Learn extra and read our entire disclosure plan right here.
- Kitchen Cupboards: The low-priced-o builders quality cupboards from Dwelling Depot– we sanded, primed, and painted them dim grey: Sherwin-Williams Peppercorn.
- Components- Dwelling Depot – very similar brushed nickel cup pulls right here and brushed nickel cabinet knobs right here.
- Faucet– Dwelling Depot (very similar right here)
- Gentle above sink- IKEA (very similar right here)
- White Subway Tile Backsplash- Dwelling Depot low-priced stuff again (very similar right here)
- Appliances: We acquired all of our appliances from scratch and dent. Our dishwasher was from Dwelling Depot and our microwave, stove, and fridge ended up from the area Sears Scratch and Dent retail outlet (all with each other beneath $1500!! The fridge was at first $2500ish and experienced just one smaller dent on the again and a very very smaller scratch on the front- I think we compensated $800 for it)
- The sink came absolutely free with our acquire of the sound area countertop
- The hanging shelf beneath the cupboards is from IKEA
- Counter tops are Corian with gray specks in them from Dwelling Depot. (I think this was it Silver Birch — closest at the moment available is most likely Antarctica)
- Ceramic Tile flooring– when again the cheapest stuff we could discover. All those toddlers ended up $1/sq ft. We matched them up to the highly-priced stuff we truly liked and they ended up the very same thickness so it was a no brainer to conserve as substantially $ as we could! We like how it turned out!
Much more grey kitchen area cupboards you’ll enjoy:
Update March 2019: Nicole has stopped running a blog and her website is no longer available, so the inbound links to her former site have been eradicated.
Originally printed 12.26.11 // Very last up to date 02.25.20